Skip to content

Last month 566 parent/carers and young people accessed our service which led to a total of 2,981 emails, contact forms, telephone calls and face to face meetings. Contact us if you need our advice and support.  

Raising Concerns

Advice and support on what you can do if you're unhappy with the help your child or young person receives.

Making a Formal Complaint

Guidance on how to make a formal complaint to an education setting or local authority

Local Government Ombudsman

If you have followed the local authority complaints procedure and are still dissatisfied, you can complain to the Local Government Ombudsman. Find out more here

Judicial Review

As this is a formal legal route, it is strongly advisable to seek legal representation if you are considering this option.

Resolving Disagreements

Many disagreements can be sorted out by talking with the school, college, local authority, or, for health services, the Clinical Commissioning Group.


A brief overview of appeals to the SEND Tribunal.

Disability Discrimination Tribunal Claims

Nurseries, Schools and Colleges must take steps to ensure disabled children and young people are not substantially disadvantaged due to their disability.

Where to get further advice

You can find out more about making a complaint about provision at your child’s school on its website or by asking about its complaints procedure.