Skip to content

Last month 566 parent/carers and young people accessed our service which led to a total of 2,981 emails, contact forms, telephone calls and face to face meetings. Contact us if you need our advice and support.  

If you live in Essex and are under 25 years old, we offer a free, confidential and impartial service which provides support, guidance and information to young people who have special educational needs and disabilities (SEND).

How SEND IASS can help you

If you are having problems with your education we can give you some help, support or advice to help sort it out. We may also be able to help with health or social care issues if they are related to your education.

SEN Support

Find out what SEN support is available to you and how we can help.

Your Guide to an Education, Health & Care Needs Assessment

Learn more about EHC Needs Assessments and how an EHC Plan may help you.

Your Guide to Education Health & Care (EHC) Plans

Children and young people who need extra help with learning may need an Education, Health and Care plan.

Your Guide to Suspensions and Permanent Exclusions

Explaining the types of exclusion and advice and support around what you can do if you are suspended or permanently excluded

Can I apply for transport?

Advice and support if you are unable to travel in the same way as others in your area.

Preparing for Adulthood - Independence, Training and Employment

Information on independence, further education, training and employment opportunities

University Support

Information on applying and moving to university and Disabled Student Allowance

Information links for young people

Information on understanding your rights, things to do, someone to listen to your worries and more